How Do I Get My Business Into Google Maps?
How Do I Get My Business Into Google Maps? Formerly known as Google Places, this feature is part of Google’s dashboard for managing and tracking your online presence across the multiple Google platforms. Platforms such as Google Maps, Google+, Google Analytics, And Google Ads. However, as you set up your listing, or listings, just remember that in some situations Google will display businesses from surrounding communities in the local map search results. You are only able to register your business for one town or city. Also, it must be the physical address you have with the company.
How To Add or Claim Your Business On Google My Business
- Go to Google My Business – Click “Get on Google” located at the top right of your screen.
- Enter your Business Name and Address into the Search Box
- Select or Add Your Business – Click on the business listing among the suggested matches. If not, select “Add Your Business” and provide the necessary information.
- Verify your business – Google will want to verify that you are in fact located at the physical address you register under. They do this by mailing you a postcard with the verification PIN.
- Confirm your Business and set up a Google+ Page – Having a Google My Business page is the also the first step in Local Search Optimization. Also, it should be a priority for all businesses hoping to be found online.
Is Google My Business Free?
Google My Business is a free and easy to use tool. It was designed for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across the Google platforms. Platforms such as Google Search and Google Maps. Through verifying and editing your business information, you are helping you customers find you as well as telling them your story.
- Manage how your business appears on Google platforms.
- Interact with customers to provide them with your background.
- Get started at google.com/business.
Benefits Of Using Google My Business
- Manage Your Information – Allows you the advantage of creating the content seen by searchers on various Google platforms about the services and products you offer.
- Interact With Customers – Read and respond to customers, post pictures and videos of what you do or how you do it, and to overall increase the user experience of you clients and potential clients.
- Expand Your Presence – See insights on how your customers are reaching you or your business. Also, see information of how many people call your company directly from the phone number displayed ont the local search results for Google Maps.